How to make the “slice-N-Dice” Photoshop action
This is a step by step tutorial on how to save all the steps involved with slicing an image for the web into a Photoshop action.
First, make sure you have what ever you want selected that you want to slice (layer and/or group). It’s important that you have it selected prior to making the action – you don’t want the first step of the Photoshop action to select the layer or group. So lets get started.
- Click Window>Actions to open that panel. (If not opened )
- Click the menu and click new action.
- Name it and set the function key to your liking.
- Click Record.
- Click Layer>Duplicate Layer. Make sure you click new document.
- Click Image>Trim. Click based on Transparent Pixels and then ok.
- Now click from the Actions panel menu Insert Menu Item.
- With that dialog open click File>Save For Web.
- Then click stop recording.
Wallah, now you have the “Slice-N-Dice” technique. Test the function key and there you go. I walk you through the steps in the video. Enjoy!